1. I can locate information in books, websites, and databases relevant to the assignment.
2. I can take notes using my own words. I understand what plagiarism is, and why it's important not use other’s words as my own.
3. I can identify the decade and one of the six categories I chose to research: current events/politics, movies, music styles, inventions/slang terms, fashion, or sports events.
4. I can organize my notes to create a presentation in the form of a TV news show. I will write a script, dress in the fashion of the decade and perform as a nightly new anchor or reporter.
Gale Virtual Library
Dictionary of American Slang
How to Research
Barb Wray 6th grade decade project
1. Reference Desk - World Book Student Online Example - 1960 – list events
2. Highlighted Databases – Gale Virtual Library– 1960s – Arts in the 1960s, Fashion in the 1960s, Government Policy & Civil Rights 1960s
3. Books - Table of Contents, Index (books are your best source on this project)
4. You do NOT cite your sources for this project